Arcadia – Time Line of history from 1991-2000
1992 – Arcadia Public School P&C holds a Country Fair to raise money for new equipment for the school. More than $10,000 was raised.
1992 – The P&C purchased $10,000 worth of Apple computers for the school from money raised at the Country Fair.
1993 – Arcadia Public School receives first place in the Hornsby Council’s Footpaths and Garden Awards.
1993 – The school excursion for the year was to the Snowy Mountains.
1994 – A multipurpose building had been needed by the school since the 1980’s and with the promise of the ‘new school’ being shelved, the P&C decided that they would again ‘do it themselves’. The P&C commenced work on this building on the 22nd May 1994 and was finished later that year. This building is well known as the canteen but also houses staff and disabled toilets, storage and a covered lunch area. The total cost $35,000.
1994 – Centenary celebration year activities planned were Bush Dance and fireworks, trip to Australiana Village in costume, local historical bushwalk, tree-planting on Arbor Day and Centenary Book presentation, and the Centenary Day march, fair and school musical presentation, followed by an ecumenical church service on the Sunday. A Centenary cake was cut by Mrs Lilith Bell and Mrs Mary Ross. The Centenary planting, behind the weather shed, was on Arbor Day 1994 nine trees were planted to commemorate the Centenary of the school and Arbor Day. Each class chose representatives to plant the trees along with special guests Mr Wood and Mrs Judy van Middeldyk representing the parents, Mr McCubben and Mrs Peebles, the grandparents, Mr Patten, the senior citizens and Mr Cowdroy and Mr Bell, the special guests. Mr Shore and Mrs Hargraves planted a staff tree
1994 –The annual Fireworks Night had been a part of Arcadian history since the late 1950’s and held at St Judes Church on Empire Day in May each year. This was held on St Columb’s Church grounds, next to the school, as part of their ‘Outreach’ to the community with a bonfire, sausage sizzle and fireworks night. In 1994 this was moved to the school grounds and was jointly run with the church and Arcadia Public School and then finally the P&C ran the entire event from 1998
1995 – A new boat arrived replacing an old, unsafe boat which had been there since 1976. A tennis wall was also built and delivery of a pottery kiln.
1995 – The P&C and the Hornsby Kuring-Gai Cricket Association paid 50/50 towards an artificial turf cricket pitch on the school grounds. The Cricket club would use these facilities on a Saturday.
1997 – The schools oval was used by the Hornsby-Kuringai Cricket Association each Saturday. The Cricket Association and the P&C paid 50/50 for the artificial turf pitch, the total cost was $1600.00
1997- The M2 Motorway was opened on 26th May 1997.
1998 – The land across from the school in Blacks Rd was subdivided.
1998 – The Kindergarten activity centre was installed by Kompan on 19th January. This included a shade cover and was funded by the P&C. This equipment was relocated in 2010 when the BER building was built.
1998 – Mrs Rosalie Rolfe was Principal until 2002, 96 pupils in four classes initially rising to 121 pupils in 2001. Performing arts, choral singing, equestrian carnival, fitness programs, brass band and annual musical presentation nights were held.
1998 – The Schools ‘Golden Book’ was introduced. The Principal selected students to colour in a line drawing as a reward for good effort and achievement.
1998 – The P&C held many social and fundraising activities including Bush Dance, Fireworks Night and Christmas disco.
2000 – Mrs Phyllis Joss was farewelled after 24 years’ service to the school with over 80 people attending a dinner in the community hall.